Make a payment
Helping children to learn well
T: Telephone02 4868 1866
Education for your child is important. Our school works in partnership with parents to encourage children attending school.
Regular attendance at school;
· is essential for your child to achieve their educational best
· increases their career and life options
· learning becomes easier and
· your child will build and maintain friendships with other children.
It is equally important that children arrive at school and class on time as it;
· ensures that children do not miss out on important learning activities
· assists children learn the importance of punctuality and routine
· gives children time to greet their friends before class
· reduces classroom disruption
If your child is absent, please notify the school through one of the following ways within 7 days of the absence;
· Absence note
Download and complete the Absence note (coming soon) and hand it in to the office the next day your child attends school.
If there is no explanation given after 7 days, or the explanation given does not fit the acceptable criteria for student absence, it is recorded as unjustified.
There are two types of absences.
· unavoidable medical or dental appointment (preferably, these should be made after school or during holidays
· required to attend a recognised religious holiday
· required to attend an exceptional or urgent family circumstance (such as attending a funeral)
· sick or has an infectious disease
· slept in
· running late
· minding younger siblings
· working around the house
Students will not be given a justified leave if they sign themselves into school without a parent or without a note from the parent with a justified leave reason.
Families are encouraged to travel during school holidays. If travel during school term is necessary;
· discuss your travel with Mrs Hilliar, the school Principal
· complete an Application for Extended Leave
Absences relating to travel will be marked as leave on the roll and therefore contribute to your child’s total absences for the year.
In some circumstances students may be eligible to enrol in distance education for travel periods over 50 school days. This should be discussed with the school Principal Mrs Hilliar.
For more information about school attendance, please visit
· Compulsory school attendance (PDF 692KB)
· School Attendance Policy
· Compulsory school attendance policy
Moss Vale NSW 2577
02 4868 1866
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders both past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to https://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.